[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4695: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3824)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4697: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3824)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4698: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3824)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4699: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3824)
SP-Studio Community • View topic - Contest 10/2017: HALLOWEEN PARTY
Board index SP-Studio.de Announcements Contest 10/2017: HALLOWEEN PARTY

Contest 10/2017: HALLOWEEN PARTY

Here talks Janina. Stay up-to-date and comment on updates.
Post Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:02 pm
Janina User avatar
Admin

Post Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:00 pm
Eggyslav User avatar
Mod

I am In.

Freude, schöner Götterfunken,
Tochter aus Elysium!
Wir betreten feuertrunken,
Himmlische dein Heiligtum!
Deine zauber binden wieder
Was die Mode streng geteilt;
Alle Menschen werden Brüder,
Wo dein saftner Flügel weilt!

Post Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:08 pm
Eggyslav User avatar
Mod

Janina, isn't this the time to start the voting?

Tochter aus Elysium!

Post Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:13 am

The entries are available, but how do you cast your vote? *

*Edit, you can vote now.

Also, some oddly violent/profane entries, this time around. My entry seems quaint by comparison.

Post Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:38 am
Janina User avatar
Admin

Sorry, it took longer than expected to add the names and descriptions. And I recreated some pictures because they were send in in the smallest size... but I won't do this again next time and will change the rules to avoid this.

Now everything is online and you can vote. :) 46 pictures!

http://www.sp-studio.de/contests/

It was difficult to choose which pictures fit the topic. In the end I kept everything that looked either bloody / creepy or was about costumes / a party. Perhaps some of these pictures were not supposed to be for the Halloween topic, but I wasn't sure and I tried to not be too strict about it.

I wonder if I should mix up the pictures from time to time? In the last contest it did not look like the pictures on top had an advantage.

Post Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:17 am

Just a question, but could future contests prohibit the use of preexisting designs? What I mean is, if your entry is Batman, for example, I don't think it's fair that you can just use the Batman designs that are already available. I mean, where's the creativity in that?

Post Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:36 am
Eggyslav User avatar
Mod

@Art Vandelay: I understand what you have in mind, reducing the number of lazy, uninspired entries, but that's a terrible idea. It would discourage beginners, and It's the limitation of what parts to use that kills the creativity. Plus how would you implement it? If, say, I'll make an awesome looking, super creative picture of Batman, but I'll use the cowl, even in an unorthodox way, would my picture be disqualified? Or maybe Janina should make SP-Studio Contest Edition, with all the premade elements removed? As if she doesn't have enough work with the regular SP-Studio. Or Maybe, put a long list of banned elements at the beginning of a contest? That would be really tedious. The contests are for everyone, some people are more creative, some less. Some people are really talented and conjure up true SP-Studio Masterpieces, but the vast majority of users just prefer to make a simple image with what Janina has already provided, since they don't have skill, time, or will to do better. We can't all be Caribou, Lefiou, Ildorf or Joker. And that's okay with me. Diversity is the key word here. Don't ruin the fun, and try to make the contests some elite freemason bullshit, that only the most talented and creative may participate. If the lazy-ass pictures bother you, just ignore them, and vote on the more creative ones. Easy as that.

tl;dr: Nope, that's not going to happen, don't be an elitist douchebag.

Tochter aus Elysium!

Post Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:27 am
Janina User avatar
Admin

@Art Vandelay: I totaly agree that it is not creative to just use an existing costume. The problem is... from my experience most people do not read more than one or two sentences of rules. Even now the simple topic "Halloween Party" was not followed by many people who uploaded pictures and I had to disqualify them. Especially those who submit "lazy" pictures won't follow a rather complicated rule for costumes. Because I cannot just ban certain costumes, it always depends on the creative use.

So this limitation would result in many disqualifications, confusion and discussions.

But the situation might not be as bad as you think it is. We always had boring pictures with existing costumes, but they never won. I have not checked the current votes for the Halloween contest yet, but I hope this continues. So I think we do not need an extra rule as long as the voters prefer creativity.

Post Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:17 pm

@Eggyslav, that was an unnessarily nasty and hostile post.

@Janina I get that there might be some who are less than talented when it comes to this sort of thing, but these people also are getting votes for their entries, in some cases even leading in the voting category. I guess there's no real way of discouraging that, though. But for me, the fun in trying to make an entry is pushing the available pieces as far as they can go, sometimes using them in ways they weren't intended for.

Post Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:16 pm
Janina User avatar
Admin

When I look through the Hall of Fame ( http://www.sp-studio.de/hall-of-fame/ ) I see no leading pictures which were of the lazy type. If they used costumes, like Strider with his Star Wars themened pictures, they added interesting things to the background. And I think that's fine.

So I'd say... let's wait for the outcome of this contest. Right now it looks like Pennywise and Freddy Krueger are the two pictures which do not deserve the high votes they get. But this can still change.

An I will write a Facebook post about voting for the most ceative picture to encourage a fairer vote.

Post Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:50 pm
Eggyslav User avatar
Mod

@Art Vandelay: I'm sorry if you felt assaulted, that wasn't my intention. Yet I fail to see, what was so nasty, or hostile in my post. I just stated my opinion on your proposal. Sure, it was negative, but I just tried to bring some valid argumentation to my point of view.

Tochter aus Elysium!

Post Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:19 pm

You don't think calling someone an "elitist douchebag" is hostile?

Post Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:33 pm
Janina User avatar
Admin

I have to admit this sounded a bit hostile to me as well. I know Eggyslav did not mean it this way, but the last sentence was not neccessary to make a point.

We are all sitting in the same boat. We want pictures to win which are creative and deserve to win, while we don't want to spoil the fun for newbies. After all it's about having a fun experience for everybody.

Post Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:01 pm
Eggyslav User avatar
Mod

Tochter aus Elysium!

Post Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:45 pm
Janina User avatar
Admin

THE FINAL RESULTS:

Congratulations to Alex for his fist win!

1) 21 points: Butters takes on a bad side, and he's going after South Park. (by Alex J. Giebelestein)
2) 18 points: my character is it for 1998 (by Michael Warnecke)
2) 17 points: Negan killed Kenny (by NilsFCB298)
4) 13 points: Jason was about 3 weeks too late... (by Jetpack-Guy)
5) 12 points: Headless horseman by Sleepy Hollow (by Léonard Blanchet)

Image Image

Image Image

The winners were added to the and . Thanks to everybody who joined the contest!

Regarding Art Vandelay's concerns: I won't change the rules for now because we have a pretty creative winner and I still think it is very complicated to get this right. But I will keep an eye on the pictures which make the top5.

Return to Announcements